Call for submissions: ASCI member host labs, 2024–2026
As part of the ASCI’s new Postbac Program, the ASCI is pleased to call for submissions from Society members who are interested in their labs serving as hosts for Program finalists for 2024–2026.
Any member can provide a submission by:
- Accessing their member accounts
- Paying 2023 dues (if applicable)
The deadline for submissions is October 10, 2023, 11:59 pm Eastern (extended from September 29).
Submissions consist of the following sections:
- Your information
- Your institution
- Your trainee table (PDF upload); indicate UiMS mentees and if support was from a diversity supplement
- About your lab
- Lab website
- Lab description and environment (500-word limit). Provide detail on mentoring awards, motivation for applying, and mentorship plan (what presentation will be expected, feedback provided, and participation).
- Lab member who would be assigned for day-to-day mentoring of the postbac (name, position)
- Assignee’s biosketch (PDF upload)
- Institutional resources
- Provide detail on aspects such as the requisite amount of bench/desk space in lab, faculty member to work with student on medical-school essay, institutional career development, and educational and networking opportunities.
- Institutional stipend levels. The ASCI expects stipends to fall within the ranges of the NIH post-bac IRTA program, with the understanding that the cost of living ranges widely depending on location. Provide information for 2024–2025 and 2025–2026.
- Indicate if you are able to supplement beyond your institution’s stipend amounts or beyond the ASCI’s maximum grant of $55,000 ($50,000 direct; $5,000 indirect).
- Potential applicant (optional). Provide name and email address for a student who would be a suitable applicant for this program.