Nominations open for 2024 Honorary membership
The ASCI is pleased to call for nominations for 2024 Honorary membership. Nominees for this recognition must fit the criteria as given in the ASCI bylaws:
Any distinguished person who has contributed significantly to the Society’s objectives, who has not been previously and unsuccessfully nominated for Active or International membership, and who enjoys an unimpeachable moral standing is eligible for nomination in this category.
For the nominee who meets these criteria, there is no restriction on age or degree held.
The deadline for receipt of nominations is December 8, 2023, at 11:59 pm Eastern. Nominations will be screened to ensure they are complete and fit the nomination criteria. The Council reviews nominations and submits its recommendations to Active and Senior members for approval.
- must be an ASCI member in good standing, including members of the Council, and
- must provide a statement (250-word limit) regarding the nominee.
- must provide a full curriculum vitae and
- must complete the ASCI’s demographic survey.
To start a nomination:
The nominator must initiate the process:
- Access your member account
- Go to the “Nominations” tab
- In the section for “Honorary membership”:
- Select “I’m the nominator” option
- Search for your nominee:
- If found, click on “Create nomination”.
- If no result is found, enter the requested information (first name, last name, and email address), save, and then click on “Create nomination”.
- At the top of the nomination form, click on “Send nominee information to access the nominee’s part of the nomination” to send the nominee an email to access and edit her/his aspect of the nomination (see above).