Call for nominations: 2017 Young Physician-Scientist Awards
Nominations for 2017
We are pleased to call for nominations for the ASCI’s 2017 Young Physician-Scientist Awards. This is an excellent opportunity for a young faculty member to be recognized at the 2017 Joint Meeting.
We seek nominations of outstanding physician-scientists who have recently received their first faculty appointment (preferably in the last 5 years). Nominees must be funded by a current NIH K or equivalent career-development award (in or outside the United States). However, we welcome nominations of NIH intramural physician-scientists on the basis of their appointment only.
Those selected for this Awards program will:
- receive a $500 honorarium
- attend the 2017 Joint Meeting, April 21-23, at the Fairmont Chicago
- attend the invitation-only ASCI President’s Reception on Friday, April 21
- present their work at the ASCI’s Food & Science Evening, Saturday, April 22
Up to 40 Awards will be given for 2017. The following materials are required for nominations, which must be submitted online on or before the deadline, January 16, 2017, at 11:59 pm, U.S. Eastern:
- Nomination form: download form
- NIH-style biosketch
Nominations can only be made by ASCI members through their online accounts.