Call for abstracts: 2018 AAP/ASCI/APSA Joint Meeting
Limited Travel Awards Available — Submit an abstract and apply.
DEADLINE: Wednesday, December 13, 2017, 12:00 Midnight EST
A great opportunity for students and others in the physician-scientist career path
The Association of American Physicians, the American Society for Clinical Investigation, and the American Physician-Scientists Association are pleased to announce this Call for Abstracts for presentation at the 2018 AAP/ASCI/APSA Joint Meeting, April 20-22, 2018, in Chicago, IL. This meeting provides fantastic exposure to leaders in academic medicine and industry. The Joint Meeting keynote speakers will focus on two thematic areas: Human Genetics and Healthy Longevity. Please forward this email to interested colleagues.
The vast majority of poster presenters are students in the physician-scientist career path (MD/PhD programs or MD students in a research year) or early career physician-scientists. Work presented spans the range of medical specialties and biomedicine. While other research areas may be accepted for presentation, they do not represent the majority of the presenter demographic.
Review the following before submitting an abstract:
- There is no submission fee.
- The abstract must conform to the Abstract Style and Formatting Guidelines.
- Do not include any figures, tables, or references in your abstract.
- Only one abstract submission is allowed per presenter.
- During the submission process, you will be asked to affirm the following:
- You have disclosed in the abstract any potential conflicts of interest.
- The abstract has not been published previously.
- If the abstract is accepted, an eligible author is prepared to present it.
- Any animal studies conform with the Guiding Principles in the Care and Use of Animals of the American Physiological Society.
- Any human experimentation was conducted according to a protocol approved by an Institutional Review Board on ethics of human investigation
- Submitted abstracts will be confirmed to presenting authors by email.
- Abstracts that are incomplete as of the deadline will not be considered.
- No submissions after the deadline will be considered.
The Joint Meeting offers a $750 Travel Award to select submitters. Check this option during submission if you wish to be considered. Preference is given to submitters outside the Chicago area.
Oral presentation: There will be a small number of top scoring abstracts chosen for an oral presentation on Saturday, April 21. Presenters selected must be available Saturday to present their work.
We also offer competitive $1,000 Best Poster Awards, given on the basis of scientific novelty, quality, and clarity of presentation.
POSTER SESSION SCHEDULE
Friday, April 20
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Poster Setup
6:15 pm – 9:30 pm: Informal Viewing presenters do not need to be at poster
Saturday, April 21: Two Poster Presentation Sessions
8:00 am – 9:00 am: Poster Session
11:45 am – 1:30 pm: Poster Session
- Poster submitters are required to be at their posters on Saturday at the appointed poster presentation session.
- Posters must be dismantled on Saturday, April 21, 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm.
- Presentation of Best Poster Awards will be during the Saturday, April 21, Dessert Reception, 9:45 pm – 11:30 pm.
The AAP/ASCI/APSA look forward to receiving your submission!